Workshop – Fire Up Your Creativity
WORKSHOP LEAD BY
Friday, 2 to 4:00pm
Mahall's Upstairs Workshop Room
Fire Up Your Creativity: A workshop designed for creative professionals by a 15-year agency veteran.
Has this happened to you?
- You get a new project, and you don’t know where to start.
- You’re overwhelmed by workload and deadlines, and you feel like you just don’t have enough time to be creative.
- You’ve tried a few approaches and now you’re stuck.
- You’ve been working on a project or on a client’s business for a while, and you’re feeling burned out.
Creativity isn't magic. It's a combination of process, mindset, and skills. All of which can be developed and learned.
In this 2-hour workshop, you’ll learn:
- New ways of thinking about creativity.
- What is it? What makes some people better at it than others?
- What is creative process? How can it help you be more productive?
- Tools and techniques to boost your creative abilities and output.
- Could you produce more ideas, faster, with less effort?
- How might you refine your ideas to make them even better?
The workshop will be interactive, mixing theory and practice. You’ll participate in individual, small group, and large group exercises, and leave with renewed energy for your creative work.
WORKSHOP LEADER BIO
Jody Fisher is a workshop designer, facilitator, trainer, and entrepreneur. She is Chief Wonderer at Wonderer LLC, a creativity and innovation consultancy, and co-founder of Seedling Partners LLC, which trains facilitators in workshop design.
Jody spent 15 years working in advertising and promotions as a creative director and copywriter on strategic initiatives, promotional campaigns and product development projects for such brands as Friskies, Purina ONE, ESPN, Gatorade, Pizza Hut and Pepsi. She is a former member of the innovation team at Nestlé Purina PetCare, where she helped feed the company’s innovation pipeline, scouting for and facilitating the generation of new product and business model ideas.
Jody earned her Master’s of Science in Creativity from the International Center for Studies in Creativity at Buffalo State. She has presented at the Creative Problem Solving Institute, the Creativity Expert Exchange and Florida Creativity Weekend.